from the Principal…school is right around the corner….
I hope you all are having a fun and relaxing summer! Can you believe that the start of school is already a topic of conversation? There are many people emailing me about various school questions and asking about the supply list! School will be here before we know it!
Here is some important information that you may want to know in the weeks leading up to the first day of school and into the first couple of weeks as well.
1st day of practice for fall sports:
Monday, August 13th -- Football 7:00-9:30 Football field
Friday, August 10th – Volleyball 8:00-10:00 a.m. and 1:00-3:00 p.m. Auxiliary Gym
Friday, August 10th -- Cross Country 7:30 p.m. Track
1st contests of the year:
Saturday, August 25th-First Volleyball JV match @ Genesee tournament
Tuesday, August 28th-First Volleyball match: home vs. Potlatch
Saturday, September 1st-First Football Game @ Middleton High School vs. Valley (3:00 p.m. PST)
First Cross Country Meet TBD
· We were able to hire a music teacher for this year. Jonathan Madrid is the new teacher, so if you see him throughout the community make sure you welcome him. He is a young and energetic guy with great plans for the future. If you currently have band on your schedule from last year, you will keep that same schedule. If you are interested in taking band, you now have the opportunity to add that to your schedule at registration if you would like!
· We plan to have cheerleading this year. We had some students show interest last year and Emily Cash, one of our new teachers will be the cheer advisor! If you are interested in participating in cheer this year, please email Emily at email@example.com or myself at firstname.lastname@example.org
· Registration for Prairie Jr/Sr High School students from 9:00-12:00 for new students and 1:00 p.m.-6:45 p.m. for existing students
· Mandatory Advanced Opportunity/Dual Credit Registration parent/student meeting at 6:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. This is for students (Juniors and Seniors) who plan to take dual credits this year and for those who would like more information about these programs are also welcome.
· Mandatory high school sports meeting for participants in all sports and their parents at 7:00 p.m. in the cafeteria. Please make sure all freshman and juniors have their physicals completed before their first practice. They will not be able to participate until that is complete!
Wednesday, August 22nd Teachers report back
Wednesday, August 29th First Day of School for students
September 3rd No School-Labor Day
I will continue with the “Daily Bulletin” this year. If you are currently on my list, you will continue to receive emails from me. If you are not on the list and would like to be added, please send me an email email@example.com and I would be happy to add you. If you are currently on my list and would like to be removed, please let me know as well!
If you have any questions or concerns, let me know.
I look forward to the start of year #2! I truly enjoyed the students last year and looking forward to starting where we left off!